So this week I decided to get busy in the Kitchen.I love to cook new things hence my dad being a Chef it runs in the family. So ill share one or two of the recipes which I tried out.
175g/6oz Odlums Cream Plain Flour
225g/8oz Butter or Margarine (room temperature)
325g/12oz Caster Sugar
2 Teaspoons Vanilla Essence
4 Eggs (beaten)
100g Packet Shamrock Chopped Walnuts
Pinch of Salt
½ Teaspoon Baking Powder
- Preheat oven to 160°C/320°F/Gas 3. Lightly grease an oblong brownie tin. 25cm/10” x 15cm/6”. Small roasting tin would also do.
- Melt the butter or margarine and chocolate together over a low heat.
- Remove from heat, add the sugar and mix well.
- Add vanilla essence, eggs and chopped walnuts.
- Sieve the flour, salt and baking powder together and gently stir into chocolate mixture.
- Pour into prepared tin and bake for about 40-50 minutes until crusty on top.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool, cut into brownies.
I got this recipe of the Odlums website. All do this was a nice and easy recipe, the brownie did not turn out to be very nice. They were a bit heavy and dry.
Sweet Potato Fries
Sweet potatoes are a great non-starchy carbohydrate, to our 5-a-day tally, plus they contain more vitamin C than regular potatoes, which our bodies need and utilize every day.
Preheat the oven to 200ºC/400ºF/gas 6. Wash 2 largeunder cold running water, scrubbing well with a scrubber to get rid of any dirt (there’s no need to peel them)
Cut each potato half length ways, cut each half in half length ways, then each piece in half again so you end up with 8 wedges
Add to a large mixing bowl, then sprinkle over a tiny pinch of sea salt and black pepper, and ½ a teaspoon of sweet smoked paprika
Drizzle with 1 tablespoon of olive oil, then toss everything together to coat
Spread out into a single layer in a large baking tray, then bake for 35 to 40 minutes, or until golden and cooked through
These were gorgeous. I am a big fan of sweet potato at the moment it so easy to cook and can be cooked in so many different ways !!